Monday, June 19, 2006

Idiocy Update

Ben's author presentation was tonight. They are supposed to be five minutes long. His went on for Twenty Minutes. He talked about Anne Rice. A fabulous author, I will concede, but young adult author? I think not. But at least I now understand why he didn't have time to finish our group books since he had to read two Anne Rice books for the author presentation. Apparently he didn't quite get that the beauty of young adult literature is that they are, for the most part, short and easy reads. Most definitely shorter than The Vampire Lestat and Memnoch the Devil.

Ugh... just one more week (or less if I can get my final paper done sooner) and that class will be done. I just told Heather tonight that I think my time would have been better served this term if I had just gone to the library and checked out a dozen YA books and read them. I would have learned a lot more about YA literature without the idiocy of my groupmates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home