Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Word of the Day is... Irony

My union president called me today. She's been out of town for a couple weeks and wanted to see if there had been any new developments in my case during her absence. The only thing was a proposed settlement (which was a joke, by the way) that she already knew about because she had been cc.ed on the e-mail. She said she had laughed at it herself and was glad I didn't agree to it.

But then she shared with me what she knew about my schedule for next year. See, since they can't technically dismiss me until the tenure commission says they can (which takes about a year and isn't going to happen anyway), they still have to build the schedule assuming that I will be the one teaching those classes, then hire a sub for me until I am reinstated. Anyway, she said they have me teaching computers next year.

Got that? Computers.

Not only am I not certified or highly qualified to teach computers, I also have no training what-so-ever in how to teach computers.

But the best part is this... what is it that I am in such trouble with my employer for? Oh yeah... computer usage, particularly usage of the Internet.

She told me that my first lesson should be how to set up a MySpace page.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Wow. Just ... wow.

7/08/2006 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home