Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Good Reason for a Lawsuit

I am not a litigious person. I am so much of a non-litigious person that I agreed to a settlement with my employer so that I could go back to work on time, even though I most definitely had an excellent civil rights infringement lawsuit (stupid me... ).

But sometimes people just need to have their asses sued. Here's an example.

Got that? These people only found out there was a basement under their house because some neighbor told them that everyone in their neighborhood had basements dug back in the '50s. A massive tornado had gone through north of town killing many people, so it was done as a precaution.

When the previous owners found their basement was leaking, rather than have it fixed, they cemented over the stairway, put a board and carpet over it, and put the house up for sale, never disclosing that the house even had a basement, let alone a leaky one.

You bet I'd be suing. And I've gotta believe that this family has had multiple attorneys calling them offering to represent them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carma said...

The thought that those people even tried to get away with such a horrible thing kills me. Yeah, I'd sue and then some.

11/15/2006 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home