Monday, November 06, 2006

Senators and Governors and Proposals, OH MY!

Tomorrow is Election Day, and if your state is anything like mine, you'll be as glad to see it be over as I will be.

Living in the state ranked 49th in the nation for economic growth is not easy in an election year. We have been barraged with TV ads, mailings, and phone calls. We have an incumbent Democratic governor who is taking a lot of heat for the mess our state is in, despite the fact that she was handed a mess four years ago. Then there is her Republican challenger. He's a rich businessman who thinks he knows how to run a state because he's done a decent job running daddy's company. Yeah, those are the same.

It's a similar race for Senate. An incumbent Democratic female being challenged by a Republican blowhard.

Now, I really don't hate Republicans. I just think that the particular breed that Michigan grows are morons.

We also have an assortment of proposals. One that is attracting a lot of attention is one that will eliminate Affirmative Action in certain programs. I am leaning toward voting yes, except that there are some questions I have about its effect on some programs for women's health. Guess I better make up my mind in the next 18 hours or so.

Yeah, dull, I know... I'm working on my 100 things list. Hopefully I'll get to post it in the next week or so.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carma said...

Affirmative Action, funding for K-12 schools, and oh the doves. They all compare, right?

11/07/2006 7:50 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

Oh yes, must not forget the doves... ultra-important.

11/07/2006 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home