Thursday, November 02, 2006

Wake-Up Call

After work today I was doing a little end of the day organization: writing tomorrow's agenda on the board, grading a few little assignments, putting grades in the computer, figuring out what needed to go home with me. Among the papers I still need to grade are projects my computer classes completed earlier this week using Microsoft Publisher.

I really should get to those, I thought.

And then it dawned on me. The marking period ends tomorrow. Grades are due on Monday. But most frightening of all... tomorrow is the last day with my current computer classes. I get two whole new groups on Monday. If I'm going to be able to give the current kids back their projects and tell them their grades, it has to be tomorrow.

So those projects are my priority for tonight. That, in itself, is not really a big deal because they won't take all that long to grade. What is more startling is that we are already one-quarter of the way through the school year! How did that happen? It seems like just yesterday that I was being (unfairly) put on leave, but it actually was six whole months ago. Where has the time gone?

I sure hate to wish my life away, but considering that next summer I will actually be free to do whatever the hell I want, let's hope the next seven months go as fast as the last six have. Or, if I can't have that, at least let the next seven weeks (until grad school is done and it will be winter break) pass quickly enough for me to keep my sanity.

Two days down, twenty-eight to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home