Monday, October 30, 2006

Autumn Thoughts

I mowed the lawn today for what I hope will be the last time of the year. We had a lovely fall day and most of the leaves have finally fallen from my maple tree, so I thought it was time. I also took the opportunity to put some lawn decorations away as well as clean out the flower bed. Well, all except the handful of plants that are still green and have flowers on them. I just can't bring myself to pull up living plants.

There's just something wrong about mowing the lawn when there are already Christmas decorations in the stores. Of course, the real problem could be that there are Christmas decorations is the stores when it's not even Halloween yet! And then there's the house I drove by about a week ago that already has Christmas decorations in the front yard. Now THAT is sick and wrong.

I decided to try Copper with a little more freedom today. I only put up one of her gates so she had the utility room and the computer room in addition to the kitchen. I thought it might be nice to get her bed out of the kitchen and let her have a little more room to roam. Unfortunately, she showed me that she's not up to the challenge. She tore up a patch of carpet in front of the door into the garage. Not nice carpet or anything, but now it has me wondering when I'll be able to do something about it. I plan to put new flooring in the utility room eventually anyway, but I wanted to wait and do it at the same time as I have the kitchen redone. That's going to be a hefty (and expensive) job, so who knows when that will be.

Money is definitely tight right now. I put off buying new tires for the Jeep a month longer than I wanted to just so that I could time the credit card statements right and not have to pay for them until December. How sad is that? At any rate, tomorrow is the day, so hopefully I will stop being quite so paranoid about driving when the roads are wet.

I think that grad school has sapped my creativity. My blog posts are dull and mundane. I hate that. I sure hope that, when I am done in six more weeks I will regain my witty and sarcastic banter. In the meantime, I'm going to attempt National Blog Posting Month. What the Hell am I thinking? I guess I'm thinking that my blog posts have become sparse and pathetic and maybe this will give me the kick in the butt that I need. I don't know if I'll actually be able to do it, but I might as well try!

Hopefully Copper and Coal will have a very interesting month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home