Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Goin' Down to New York Town...

Well, just for a day actually, but it's the only song I could think of that fits.

Today I'm heading to my parents' house (2 hours) to drop off Copper and Coal, then I have to turn around and go back to Lansing (45 minutes) to go to class. Then back to my parents' to spend the night. Then I will be getting up about 5:30-6:00 a.m. because my flight is at 8:30. Man, that's awfully early for a summer morning!

Anyway, I'm actually going to New Haven, CT to visit Heather. I can't believe I haven't seen her in three weeks because we talk on the phone nearly every day! It will be a lot of fun to see her new "world" and spend a few days with her before work keeps us from visiting each other for a while.

I'm only able to go for four days because of my class schedule, but we are packing a ton into it. Heather's friend J. lives in NYC so we are going to visit her and do some touristy sight-seeing around the Big Apple, too. Hence the song title... anyone know what movie that's from, or who sings it?

Not only have I never been to the East Coast, I haven't even been on a plane since 2000. I've not yet had the joy of post-9/11 security. Since I'm not checking a bag, I have to keep asking myself if I have anything that can't go on board. I'm not taking my metal nail file. Heather assures me I can take a disposable razor. I hope she's right because that will be annoying if I have to dig through my bag and pitch it at security.

At any rate, I'll be gone for a few days, but hopefully I'll be full of pics and stories to share when I return. Happy Trails!

**PS-I will also accept donations for the doggy therapy I will have to put Copper in when I get back. She's never spent a night away from me since she was six weeks old and she's the poster child for seperation anxiety (apparently beagles are prone to it... who knew?)... Good luck Mom and Dad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home