Friday, November 03, 2006

Running on Empty

One of my classes started whining about when they might get their book reports back today. Then I described what the next 48 hours of my life was going to look like and they stopped.
  • I stayed after school to grade my social studies tests and put grades in the computer so that I could leave for the weekend with grades for three out of five classes completed.
  • When I came home I started my grad school work (reading one chapter from the world's most boring textbook and making an outline of my research proposal, which is due tomorrow).
  • At 9:00 I am chaperoning the first three hours of a lock-in at my practicum site (which I now think I may skip because I am so tired).
  • At midnight I will come home a sleep a few hours.
  • I plan to get up around 6:00 a.m. to complete any grad school work not yet done, then I need to go to the local lab to have blood drawn for some screenings (which I have to fast 12 hours before, by the way).
  • At 11:00 I will drive to Detroit for class, where I will be for three hours.
  • I will arrive home about 6:00 p.m. and at that point I will start grading their book reports.
  • Grades are due at noon on Monday, so I guarantee they will be returned that day.

It's going to be a long weekend. At least I hope it will be.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carma said...

I know the feeling about grades. I just finished, but still have to go in early to enter them and send them. Hope all is well.

11/05/2006 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home