Sunday, November 05, 2006

Indian Summer

Despite the frantic need to grade book reports all day today, I have yet to grade even one. But it was such a nice day that I felt I had to take advantage of it and get some outdoor projects done. So that's what I did.

I assembled the wheelbarrow that I bought sometime last year. I don't remember when. It's also kind of funny that I've had the wheelbarrow for over a year and have yet to need it. But I assembled it anyway to get it out of my garage. I have far too much junk in my garage. Maybe next summer I will use it on the multitude of projects I have planned for my first summer of freedom since I bought the house.

Then I took my flower pots (now empty of plants, but not potting soil) and dumped all the soil into the low areas along my back fence. Hopefully that will help contain the beagle.

Next was packing the patio furniture away into the shed. It makes me sad to look out the window and see the bare deck now. I also moved a few miscellaneous items from the garage to the shed.

Finally I got the lawn vacuum out and picked up the leaves that have fallen since I mowed last week. I could have picked up more, but I was too lazy to go back to the shed and get my longer power cord. I couldn't reach the entire yard with the one I had. But I decided that enough was enough anyway.

So now it's time to attack those book reports with gusto. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I really need to take in my patio furniture, but that would mean making space for it in the garage, which is sort of a mess. I keep putting it off to avoid that empty-patio look.

11/08/2006 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home