Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Risk Taking

I didn't think about it until I had already left for work, so there wasn't much I could do about it, but I still had a feeling of dread much of the day.

I've been giving Copper a little more freedom lately. Instead of being shut into just the kitchen all day I am letting her have the entire back of the house. We are now halfway through the second week and, other than some minor destruction the first day, she's been fine.

However, today I would be gone for at least 13 hours. I had made arrangements for my neighbor to come over and let her out this afternoon, but I was still worried that her displeasure with my being gone so long would manifest itself in tearing up the (new) carpet in the back room.

So, it was with great trepidation that I peeked into the back room when I got home, only to find... nothing. She was a good girl all day. What a relief.

Another long day tomorrow. Here's hoping it won't be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home