Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Huh?

Okay, minor rant ahead.

I had an appointment with my gynecologist yesterday. You know the one... the ultra-fun yearly one. Of course, I have those about three times a year, but I digress.

While I was waiting to be called back, a family came in and sat across from me. Yes, a family. There was a mom, four girls ranging in age from about 10 to late teens or early twenties, and a young boy about two years old. The mom was a woman who looked to be in her fifties, although I am a terrible judge of age. I, at first, assumed that the boy belonged to one of the girls. It eventually became clear that the mother of the girls was also the mother of the boy. Oh, and did I mention that they STUNK? I mean bad. We are talking cigarette smoke mixed with we haven't showered in a week BO. I was so grateful to finally be called back so that I could get away from the stench.

So I have two questions.

First, how do people go through life smelling like that? I can't even stand the smell of myself after a gym workout or an hour of mowing the lawn. How can people not realize that they stink?

Second, I can understand bringing a support person with you to a doctor's appointment... a mother or a sister, for example. But who brings their entire family (multiple sisters and/or grown daughters) to the doctor with them? I don't know who actually had the appointment, but it seems a little strange to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home