Friday, February 16, 2007

Quote of the Week

One of my students was absent for two days this week. On the first day, his fellow students were discussing his absence.

"Ms. C-, do you know why R. isn't here today?"

"No," I replied. "Why isn't R. here today?" I asked, almost afraid to find out.

"His mom had a baby. That's why he's not here."

"Oh, that's nice," I responded, quite relieved that no ill fate had befallen R.

"Yeah," another student continued, "his mom went into heat during our game last night."

Instantly, hysterical laughter broke out while F. realized his mistaken choice of wording.

Once order was restored, I clarified, "F., I believe the word you were looking for there was labor."

Every now and then, I gotta love those seventh graders. I think I'm set for the rest of the year now.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Pigs said...

lol...kids are fun.

2/16/2007 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home