Wednesday, September 05, 2007

So Tired... Must Use Bullets

  • Yesterday was the first day of school for the kids. I've stayed at school until five o'clock the last two days. Yesterday I was trying to finish some work and today I had to wait around for a TV repairman. Everyone keeps asking me how things are going and I'm not sure how to answer. I tell them they are going well, but it's a little surreal to be at school all day sitting in my office (I have an office!) working on the computer while everyone else has a classroom full of kids. I know that is not the reality of the job though and it will be a little more normal next week when the classes start coming down.
  • B. made a point to talk to me on Wednesday last week (work related) and I almost laughed because it was like he was trying so hard to keep the conversation going even though he already knew what I had to say. Then he was the one to come find me the next day when the fifth grade teachers needed me in their meeting. And then later in the day we were both working (alone) in a back room off the library when he mentioned how he had seen my new tattoo in some of my Hawaii pictures that I had posted on MySpace (via his girlfriend's daughter). Ever since then it's been like old times with him... like way back when we were friends before there was ever a hint of something more. It's been kind of nice to have my friend back.
  • A teacher at the high school, who I used to be practically best friends with, delivered her twin boys today. A happy occasion, yes, but not as happy as it would have been in another month to six weeks. She was not quite at 30 weeks, but one baby's cord flow was bad and he was not getting what he needed. They have known for a month that the flow could deteriorate to the point that they would have to be delivered at any time. So the boys have arrived, weighing in at 3 lbs. 4 oz. and 1 lb. 13 oz. Please, anyone who is out there reading, please pray for these little guys and their parents, and if you don't believe in prayer, at least send them some positive thoughts.
  • Tomorrow I have dinner plans with Drew, who is leaving in five days with his Army Reserve unit. In another month he will be deployed. I refuse to believe anything other than that he will be coming home. Again... more prayers and positive thoughts, please.
  • On a brighter note, I finally got an e-mail yesterday saying that my laptop had been shipped back to me. I expected it to arrive today, but it didn't, so I'm hoping for tomorrow. I never realized how much I love that thing until I've had to go the last month without it!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Carma said...

I totally understand the office concept. Isn't it great? It feels very strange to not have students to grade papers for, but loving it very much.

9/06/2007 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home