Monday, October 01, 2007

The Best Laid Plans

Four weeks after school began and I finally came home without any work that needed to be done tonight. I spent a little time updating my MySpace page and had every intention of writing a nice long post here to update my life.

And then my laptop froze up. Again. It's been doing that lately.

Now, if there's a silver lining to this, at the time my laptop froze up I was chatting with my friend "Ryan." Once it froze, I ran out and logged into Messenger on my desktop to continue the conversation. I told him what happened and, as it happens, Ryan has some expertise with computers, so he ended up coming over and working on it.

He didn't solve all of its problems, or at least we don't think he did, but some of its more minor issues seem to have gone away. That makes me happy. And he promised to continue thinking on the problem and see what else he could come up with.

Plus, he's really cute and I like to look at him when he's sitting on my couch. Tonight he was all scruffy because he hasn't shaved his beard off. I got to touch it. Damn he's hot.

In other news...

My new job is going well. I love it. I just wish I could do it full time instead of still having those two classes each day. I've had some minor victories in the past few weeks where I've solved some problems for some people and figured out how to do some things on my own. I have fewer and fewer questions for my predecessor, and, in fact, I'm finding that I prefer to figure things out on my own over having her show me things. She's a wonderful lady and I owe so much to her, but I find that she's, on occasion, getting in my way. Today she was in subbing for my parapro and she got a bunch of stuff done that I simply hadn't had time to do yet. However, she was also on my office computer all day. And, at the end of the day, rather than asking me if I wanted her to, she went ahead and ran the system back-up (which I need practice doing) then shut down the computers. Too bad I wasn't done with them. She really is a fantastic person and there is so much more I can learn from her, but I also know there are things that I am already doing better than she ever did.

For the most part, I'm getting along fine with B. He does get obnoxious on occasion, but that's just his personality. It has nothing to do with our history. The worst part is not his fault. Tomorrow our Volunteer will be in and she is one of B.'s neighbors. She just goes on and on about how nice his girlfriend is and how she hopes things work out for them. I just have to stand there and grit my teeth. I usually try to pretend I am engrossed in something so I can keep from looking at her when she keeps talking about how happy and in love they are. It's not Volunteer's fault. She has no idea that B. and I once were in love. She has no idea that he used to tell me how much he wanted to marry me. Or that he broke my heart when he changed his mind about all that and neglected to fill me in.

On a non-work-related topic, I'm tentatively planning a weekend trip to Chicago this fall with my friend, "Amber" (I could have sworn I'd assigned her a name before, but I'll be darned if I can find it!). Amber and I have been friends since elementary school and always have a great time when we get together, so I'm really looking forward to this trip. It will be so nice to get away, plus, I've never experienced Chicago except on school trips, so it will be nice to take a more "grown-up" trip. I'm hoping we'll get to go see Wicked while we are there. Amber hasn't seen it yet and I am dying to see it again.

Time for The Bachelor... Hey, I'm taking advantage of this free evening!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Carma said...

I'm so glad you are liking your new job, me too. I wish you didn't have to teach those two classes and I wish I didn't have to teach elementary students how to use computers. They have germs coming out of everywhere!

10/02/2007 7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I SOOOO cannot wait to go. We will have a blast :)!!!!!!!!!!

10/08/2007 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home