Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I Work Well Under Pressure

I've always known it. I think I wrote some of my best papers in college the night before they were due. So here's a quick rundown of all that I accomplished in the 32 hours immediately preceeding my party on Saturday.

Beginning at noon on Friday, I:
  • Helped in the selection of a new staff member at work.
  • Did some home improvement warehouse shopping (more on this later).
  • Did my grocery/party munchy shopping.
  • Made Jello shots.
  • Steam cleaned my carpets.
  • Cleaned my spare bedroom and moved the cat litter box in there from the kitchen.
  • Slept for eight hours.
  • Picked up The Host from the library.
  • Bought mulch, firewood, and ice for the party.
  • Trimmed the backyard.
  • Finished trimming the backyard by hand after string trimmer ran out of string.
  • Scrubbed patio umbrella.
  • Assembled backyard firebowl.
  • Baked brownies.
  • Placed new mulch in flowerbeds and around lilac bush.
  • Created party playlist on iTunes.

This was probably the most productive 32 hours in my entire summer so far. So I guess the moral of the story is, if I want to get something done, I need a deadline.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home