Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Evaluation Day

I got an email from Principal yesterday regarding the classroom observation he is hoping to do next week... nevermind that said observation should have been done a good six weeks ago (evaluations are supposed to be on file by March 15 or something like that). This isn't something I'm stressed over, but no one really likes to be observed, so I was griping about mentioning this to "Erin," my library aide. I was explaining how probationary teachers are supposed to have two evaluations per year (with two observations per evaluation) and tenured teachers (such as myself) have one evaluation every three years (I was observed once already this year... in about October).

"Geez," Erin commented. "I get evaluated every dang year!"

"Wow," I sympathized. Then, "Who evaluates you, anyway?"

"You do," she replied.

YIKES!

Coincidentally enough, Principal delivered Erin's evaluation papers to me this morning and asked me to fill them out.

Erin is fabulous and I don't know how I would have survived the year without her to run the place while I'm in the classroom and teach me all the systems we use in the library. She certainly has nothing to worry about with her evaluation.

But it still blows my mind that, after all that I went through in that place two years ago, I am now considered someone's boss and have to evaluate her.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

My evaluation period as a school librarian ran out last week... with no annual visit from the principal. Typical. LOL. Ah, well... I figure if I were doing something REALLY wrong, he'd let me know. It's the "you're doing a great job" comments that I really wish he'd say that I never actually hear.

5/06/2008 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home