Friday, February 15, 2008

Things I'm Glad I Didn't Know at the Beginning of the Day

B. got married today.

He didn't even tell his (former) best friend, let alone me. We both found out through the grapevine today. Silly me, if the roles were reversed, I would have the common decency to fill him in ahead of time. I'm not sure why I have such expectations of him.

It's not that I still want him. If this afternoon's conversation at choir practice taught me nothing else, it taught me that.

It's not that I don't want him to be happy. Well... maybe a little right now.

It's that I don't understand how some people go from relationship to relationship with such ease, when I'm so painfully single and have been for so long. I'm a good person. I'm not bad to look at. I'd be very happy with just a boyfriend. I don't think that's asking too much.

So I'm a little bitter right now. Please excuse me while I revel in it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home