Thursday, November 29, 2007

Anxious

I won't be at school tomorrow. At least not in my normal capacity. Which kind of sucks because Friday is my light day when I can usually get some work done.

It sucks for other reasons, too. The reason I'll be gone is that I'll be at the arbitration for my pay scale grievance. This grievance is so stupid I can barely believe it. Everyone who hears about it knows that it's simply another way that someone is trying to screw me. We are fighting over $1000 per year. It is costing $10,000 to take this to arbitration. Tell me that's not stupid.

I wouldn't say I'm really nervous about this because all I can do is state the facts. It's about when I took classes and what I took them for. There is no interpretation of anything I have to say. All the interpretation has to do with the contract itself, so I really have nothing to be nervous about. But, that said, I doubt it's going to be fun to be questioned by the school district's lawyer.

Even after tomorrow is over, it will likely be a few weeks before I hear the outcome. I'll let you know how things go.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Carma said...

Gosh, I thought that was long over with. It really is silly for them to fight over such a small amount. Maybe some day they will get it.

P.S. I'm done next week!!!

11/30/2007 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home