Monday, November 19, 2007

Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy

Amber and I met up at 5:00 Saturday evening and headed to Grand Rapids. Our destination was the B.O.B. (Big Old Building), which, in the words of the comic we saw that night, is "a four story, alcoholic Disneyland." Imagine our surprise when we arrived to find... cowboy hats? In downtown Grand Rapids? We started to get a little scared when, during dinner, people started line dancing in the next room.

Soon our questions were answered when the owner of a local country music station came over to chat. Turned out that there was a Brad Paisley concert going on that night right next door at the Van Andel Arena. Now, neither Amber nor I are country music fans, but even we knew who he was. The radio station guy was very apologetic because he said he wanted to give us tickets, but he had already given away his last ones. It would have been cool to get free concert tickets, but, honestly, I probably would have found the concert to be painful. I do like his song "Online," though. Because I'm so much cooler online, too.

Anyway, after dinner, we headed up to the comedy club on the third floor to see Greg Giraldo. I didn't think I knew who he was, but once he came out, he seemed familiar, so I think I have seen him on Comedy Central or something. After the show it was back downstairs where we mixed with some interesting young men. And I do mean young. It's a good thing we don't look our age. They thought we were younger than them, but they were mistaken.

And then the cowboys came back!! It was quite exciting. And thank goodness Amber takes her camera everywhere with her because the night was heavily documented.

Finally it was 2 a.m. (much later than I thought we would be out) and time to head for home. But the night wouldn't be complete without a drunk dial, so I did the honors. Unfortunately (or fortunately, I guess), my recipient's phone was turned off, so I only got to leave a silly voicemail. Still haven't heard back from him. The bastard.

I haven't had that much fun in way too long. Now I'm really looking forward to our New Year's Chicago trip. It should be a blast!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home