Monday, November 12, 2007

Random Recap

Yeah, yeah, I know I should just write about one tidbit per day during NaBloPoMo, but I've got all these thoughts in my head and, man, it's getting crowded in there!

Parent-teacher conferences were Wednesday and Thursday last week. I didn't have very many, which didn't surprise me now that I'm only in the classroom two hours per day, and one of those hours is only a marking period class. But I was still busy beyond all comprehension because this is when our book fair went on. We do it then so that we can get the parent traffic in, and did it ever pay off. Things were pretty slow earlier in the week, but we took in nearly $1500 on that last day of conferences. All told, we made enough to slide nicely into the 30% profit bracket, taking some in books and some in cash. Now I have to decide what to spend it on!

After conferences, we headed out for a night on the town, but the sheer quantity of drama took me back to summer nights on Midland Street. I finally couldn't take it anymore and ended up leaving early to watch one of my friends sing karaoke at a bar that was a lot closer to my house. Before the night was over, though, I drank more than I have since my class reunion (two shots?!?) and had quite the headache when I woke up Friday morning. A glass of water and two Tylenol later and I was back to bed for two more hours so that I could feel human again.

Friday was an errand day... oil change, hair cut, picking up a few things at the store. That pretty much did it. Saturday I've already reported on and Sunday was just a tad bit more productive.

Today was unseasonably warm when I left work, so I decided to finally make an attempt at cutting my grass. I only got the front yard done before it got too dark to go on, but it looks a lot better. I'll have to do it again when the rest of the leaves fall from my maple tree, but it will be just leaves now... the grass won't grow much more. I still need to do the backyard, but tomorrow is supposed to be an even better day. I'll get to it then.

The unsettling thing was how I actually had energy when I was done with the lawn! That's so unlike me! So I went for a run. I only did a mile, and I had to stop and catch my breath every quarter-mile, but I ran the entire mile, so I'm pretty proud. Not bad for not having done anything even remotely physical in over two weeks.

There are other thoughts, but I should save something for tomorrow!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home