Tuesday, November 06, 2007

All Warm and Fuzzy

I got a good news update that I thought I would share (plus, I was scrambling for a post topic).

Back in September I wrote about my co-worker friend who had just given birth to her twin boys at just under 30 weeks gestation. Well, I realized that I hadn't passed on any of the news that has been shared with me over the past two months. Obviously, I want to respect my friend's privacy, so I don't want to share too many details, but in a nutshell, things are going well. Baby A came home about a week and a half ago and is nearly six pounds. Baby B is still in the NICU, and gave his parents a real scare about a month ago when he developed the MRSA infection. But he is testing negative for the infection now and is continuing to grow. He is nearly two pounds over his birth weight of 1 lb. 13 oz. and the neonatologist expects that he should be home with the rest of the family by Thanksgiving.

In the words of his mother, "Now, that's something to be thankful for."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home