Sunday, November 04, 2007

Blue Sunday

I can't remember a time when I really liked Sundays.

My family was never religious, so it has nothing to do with having to go to church or anything. In fact, I've gone through phases as an adult when I've thought that maybe, if I had a church, I might like Sundays better.

Actually, now that I think about it, the problem I have with Sundays isn't with the entire day. It's really just with the last few hours of the day. Because by that time it has dawned on me that the entire weekend is gone and, not only do I have to get up and go to work the next day, I haven't accomplished nearly what I needed or wanted to.

I had such grand plans today. I actually got up about 8:30 this morning, which is unheard of for me on a weekend. Okay, so it was only 8:30 because the time change was last night and my body felt like it was 9:30. But, at any rate, I was up and thought, "Fantastic! Now I have all day to get my school work done and clean the house and go the gym!"

Here it is, twelve hours later, and which of the above actually happened today? That would be none of them. Instead of going to the gym, I sat on the couch and watched disc three of season one of How I Met Your Mother. Instead of getting my school work done, I sat on the couch and watched... damn, I don't even remember what I watched. Oh, yeah, it was an A&E show on haunted houses. Instead of cleaning the house, I sat on the couch and watched (notice the trend?) Spiderman on TBS. I'm so lame.

On the plus side, I did get to the grocery store, and I did get my laundry done, so I have clean clothes for the next week. But that's it. It's a good thing I won't be going to bed for a couple of hours because my grades are due tomorrow, so I must get that last assignment graded. Probably wouldn't hurt to do a little planning for the week, either.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home