Thursday, January 03, 2008

Holy Geez... It's Been A While!

And I can't say that it's likely to be much more frequent now.

It dawned on me that I didn't post at all in the month of December. I kept meaning to. Not that I had anything to post about, but I at least had good intentions of posting to explain why I, uh... wasn't posting.

So I guess I'll tell you now.

I got pretty burned out by NaBloPoMo. Anyone who attempted to read my pointless drivel and cop-out placeholder posts during the month of November knows that all too clearly. Let's just say it wasn't my finest work. So I took a break for that reason.

The other reason I haven't been writing isn't a lack of things happening in my life. In fact, my life has been pretty darn full as of late. But the problem is that, most of the things that are currently occupying my thoughts are not mine to write about. I won't go into detail, but suffice it to say that I have some friends whose lives are in turmoil. And because there are people who read this blog on occasion who either know the parties involved or actually are the parties themselves, it wouldn't be right to discuss their business, even under the cloak of pseudonyms.

There were things that are my business that I could have written about, but I refrained because I was in fear of two things: I would either jinx myself, or other involved parties would somehow stumble across my blog and I would die of embarrassment. As it turns out, I don't think I have that topic to discuss any longer, so we'll just leave it at that.

Which brings us to today. I wanted to, at the very least, update my reading list. I didn't quite make it to my goal of 50 books for the year, but I don't think it was a bad showing. And I still think I should get to count Harry Potter books one through six since I re-read them all before book seven came out in July. At any rate, with any luck I'll make it to 50 this year.

So that's where things stand. I can't promise to be back any more often than I have been in the last month, but I'll do my best. Who knows? Maybe the kids at school will keep me more entertained than I expect!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home