Sunday, March 30, 2008

Marching On

I was just updating my reading list when I realized that I hadn't posted at all in the month of March. Since March will be over in less than 48 hours, I figured I better do that!

I'm just coming off a week of Spring Break. Ahhh... Spring Break. It was oh so glorious to goof off, sleep in, and watch multiple movies during the ten days I had off. A list:
  • Good Luck Chuck
  • We are Marshall
  • Spiderman 3
  • Ocean's Twelve
  • Atonement
  • Enchanted
  • I am Legend
  • Sydney White
  • August Rush

I still have Becoming Jane, The Bourne Identity (no, I've never seen it), and Miss Potter waiting for me. I think I may finally be getting my money's worth from my Blockbuster subscription. I love that I can return my mail-in movies at the store and get free rentals there for them. I think that makes it a much better deal than NetFlix.

And I just have to say that I LOVED Atonement. I don't know what it was about it, but it was a very striking movie. I do very much enjoy Kiera Knightley, but I know she's not the whole reason it resonated with me so much. I think it was just such a haunting story. Plus, I'm a sucker for anything British. Throw in the World War II time period and I'm hooked.

I even managed to get a little work done over break. I did some housework and a little re-arranging in my computer room. I also went into work one day. I can get so much stuff done when no one else is around to bother me.

But tomorrow it's back to the old grind. Time to report back to reality. But only for ten weeks more. Then next couple of weeks are going to be a bit crazy because my book fair starts Wednesday (should be delivered tomorrow) and goes through Thursday of next week. The marking period ends this week and next week is conferences. By the end of this week I have to spend all the money I have left in my budget, which sounds like fun, but is actually kind of stressful! Then it will only be a few more weeks and we will be shutting down the library so we can do inventory. Other issues along the way include a broken laminating machine and my apparent inablility to buy the TVs that need to be purchased for the school. Every time I go to the store, check in hand, to order them, they are no longer available. It wouldn't be such a big deal if we hadn't already ordered the mounts to attach them to the wall.

Who knew that the most stressful part of my job would involve buying stuff?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Carma said...

Buying stuff is so stressful in our job! I have five budgets for three buildings and it's crazy. I did hear today though that I haven't overspent :-)

I hope all is still going well with you on the other things in life. Email if you get the chance.

4/15/2008 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home