Friday, June 13, 2008

Roots

I think that my ass may be growing roots into the couch.

I've been on summer vacation for a week now and it's kind of ridiculous how little I've done with the past seven days.

Day 1: Mowed the lawn. Sat on the couch and watched TV.

Day 2 (my birthday, no less): Sat on the couch and watched TV. Unpacked my new PDA and started learning how to use it.

Day 3: Sat on the couch and watched TV. Did a little housecleaning Finished reading Nineteen Minutes. Discovered that new PDA came complete with solitaire. Found myself going online to order an elliptical machine that I saw on an infomercial (hey, don't judge me).

Day 4: Got up at 8 a.m., stopped at McDonald's for breakfast, then spent five hours at school wrapping up all my loose ends for the school year. Completed inventory, completed requisitions, packed up my classroom, and checked out a box full of books to bring home. On the way home, I stopped to pick up necessary supplies and groceries, then ran by Blockbuster to use up this month's coupons before they expired. Completed one load of laundry. Watched The Other Boleyn Girl. Began reading Among the Hidden.

Day 5: Did another load of laundry. Finished Among the Hidden and began Among the Impostors. Cut Copper's toenails. Installed Sudoku program on new PDA. Watched National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets. Decided that my jaw is out of alignment and I have to start wearing my bite guard to bed again, especially since I have to go to the dentist next month and they will yell at me if I don't.

Day 6: Deposited reimbursement check at the credit union, bought Father's Day card, returned DVDs, and swung by Arby's for dinner. Deepened Sudoku addiction. Finished Among the Impostors. Watched Elizabeth: The Golden Age and The Bourne Supremacy. Began Among the Betrayed.

Day 7: Sudoku addiction reaches critical stage. Mailed Father's Day card, got a haircut and traded in videos for two more. Finished Among the Betrayed. Paid bills online. Started Among the Barons.

And... that does it. While it's been an enjoyable way to begin the summer vacation, I know I cannot maintain this level of inactivity. I have projects that need to be completed around the house and I need to get myself moving physically as I have a few pounds that should really come off (see... not so silly ordering the elliptical machine).

Good news: Drew is scheduled to be home any day now on a couple weeks of leave. Maybe he'll keep me occupied for a day or two.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Carma said...

I am so jealous that you have read so many books in so little time. I want to just sit and read so badly, but we just finished school on Wednesday and I have been back every day to clean up. Maybe next week I will get that chance. Those books that you read are also on my list, can't wait.

Hope all is going well up there for you. Things are doing well here.

6/14/2008 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home