Saturday, December 09, 2006

One

One more short paper to write.

One more drive to Detroit.

One more class to sit through.

And I'll be Done, Done, Done!!!

Yesterday was my last practicum day. Then I came home and took a nap got right to work. I finished my research proposal and, while printing all five (FIVE?) copies that I needed for today (did I mention that this was a ten-page paper?), finished my practicum journal and e-mailed it off to my instructor.

Today I made my way to the Motor City and had my last practicum seminar, ate my last lunch at the campus Subway (they were out of wraps, though... the bastards), and went to Research class for the second to last time.

Now I have only to write my critical analysis paper for my practicum (basically a 4-5 page reflection paper) and attend class next week to participate in the final exam. Yes, you read that right. All I have to do is show up and participate in the day's activity and I get an A on my final exam. Too bad it's only worth 5% of my grade, but I should be getting an A anyway.

I thought my critical analysis was due by Wednesday, so I was going to try to get it done tomorrow, but today I learned it isn't due until Saturday. I still want to get it done early in the week, but now I know I have a couple more days if needed, which is nice since I also need to write a social studies test tomorrow.

As for tonight, I will be venturing out to the garage shortly to bring in the Christmas tree. Now that I have decided where to put it (I don't have a very big living room) I just need to move a couple pieces of furniture and vacuum before hauling it in. Should be a nice way to spend the evening, but I'll have to keep you posted on how many times I have to yell at Coal for climbing the tree in the next couple of weeks.

**Added note: Today I also received my $125 gift card to Barnes and Noble for participating in my practicum instructor's research study. I haven't been able to read for fun in so long that I need suggestions, people!!**

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading that just stressed me out. School's been a long time ago now! Glad you're on the road to freedom!

12/11/2006 3:51 PM  
Blogger Carma said...

I'm so jealous that you're finishing. I hope that I will be there in one year.

Somd good books: anything by Jennifer Weiner, she's hillarious; The Secret History, Donna Tart; The Secret Life of Bees and The Mermaid Chair, Sue Monk Kidd; then of course you can't go wrong with Dan Brown.

Enjoy your new found freedom!!

12/11/2006 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home