Friday, June 22, 2007

Whaddya Think?

So I've begun re-reading the Harry Potter books in preparation for the release of book seven next month. My dilemma is this: Can I count these books on my list over there to the right? I've read them all before, but it's been several years. I know I re-read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix before Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was released, so it's been two years since I've read both of them. And I think I re-read the first four books before book five was released, but I may not have gotten to all of them. Maybe I just re-read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire? I really don't remember as that was four years ago.

Perhaps I shouldn't count them because I have read them all before, but if that's the case, I will be missing out on at least a couple weeks of prime reading time when I could be adding more new books to my list.

Yes, yes, I realize that ultimately it is up to me whether I count them or not, but I just don't want anyone to call me a cheater if I do decide to list them. Opinions?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger film-chick said...

I don't think you should count them (I think book lists should be for new things only), but by all means take the time to read them again!

6/22/2007 3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always list my re-reads, though I usually make a note that says rr for re-read by it.

6/30/2007 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home