Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Well, Duh...

The telephone rang about 6:00 tonight, which scared the hell out of me.

Why? You might ask.

Because it was my home phone that rang. The phone that was just turned on this morning and I have not yet given the number to anyone (heck, I don't really even know it yet myself).

But one look at the Caller ID told me that it was actually AT&T that was calling me.

Why was AT&T calling me?

To let me know that my new service was now activated.

Um... yeah... I think I had that one figured out already.

**In case you were wondering, the reason why I had a home phone line activated for the first time in five years is because I am switching over to DSL and Dish Network. I'm done being utterly annoyed at the crappy service I get from Charter Communications. I will be paying the same for phone, DSL, and Dish Network as I was for just internet and cable, plus I'm getting 2 months free DSL and a $50 Visa gift card for switching from cable internet. I'm also getting free HD for a year and a $50 rebate on the wireless gateway/modem that I bought (which means it only cost me $30 and I needed a new wireless router anyway). And I am a happy camper because I am now posting wirelessly once again (and it's even my very own secured network)!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home