Sunday, July 22, 2007

“I’m still waiting for the naked laps around the port-a-potty”

I’m currently sitting on an airplane*, but more about that later. First I must update on the fun that was my fifteen year high school class reunion.

Originally, the class reunion was to be a pig roast held at the home of one of my former classmates. Unfortunately, there was not a great response by the RSVP deadline, so plans were dialed back to a potluck, but there would still be a party. I knew I was going to go since I would be at Mom and Dad’s that night anyway, and they live only a few minutes away. I was just hoping that a few people that I had been friends with would also be there.

After arriving fashionably late, I chatted with a couple different groups of friends. First was the group that I was friends with because we were all in choir in high school. Then I moved on to a couple girls I was close with in junior high. I had a good time catching up with them, and, before long, my friends Chad and Mark arrived and I spent the vast majority of the rest of the night clowning around with them.

It turned into quite the long night as the bonfire was lit and the drinks continued to flow. Of course there was the perfunctory catching up with classmates (many of which I never knew all that well when I was in school), and lots of inside jokes (including the title of this post). I was told by many that I look very much the same as I did in high school (in a good way) and that it’s almost like I haven’t aged at the same rate as everyone else. I exchanged contact information with a couple of people and I hope that we really will stay in closer contact.

I got home at 4:00 a.m., which made the alarm going off at 6:45 a.m. very unwelcome. I’m hoping I’ll be able to sleep a little during the flight.

*I am on the plane as I type this, but will obviously have to post it later. I’m not sure of my internet access, so it may be a few days!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home