Wednesday, June 27, 2007

All Better

I didn't post about it at the time, but last week we had a little carpet catastrophe here in the home of the beagle.
Last Sunday, Copper and I had gone over to the neighbor's to laze around the pool (they have two of the "best rafts ever" as coined by Pigs). All went well until Copper started smelling the bunny rabbits that reside under the neighbor's deck (all bunny rabbits seem to have vacated our own yard since the beagle developed her highly attuned sense of smell). This led to digging at the base of the deck, so Copper had to go home while I returned to the luxury of the best raft ever.
A short time passed and my neighbor invited me to stay for dinner. I accepted said invitation, but returned to my own home to put on a pair of shorts and a tank top, only to find that I had been locked out of my own house! Now, this is not unusual. Copper has a habit of catching the lock with a toenail when she is jumping at the door (although usually it is the door into the garage that she does this to, which is why I keep a spare set of keys in the garage). Luckily, the garage door was already open, so I went around the front and entered through there. And that was when I realized that Copper probably locked the door in a meager attempt to cover up her crime.
At any rate, after I was able to get over my initial shock, anger, and yelling (during and after which Copper walked around with her "I'm so sorry" face all night), I was able to take a closer look at the damage. I found that it was actually a pretty clean tear that could probably be fixed quite easily. A visit to the carpet store a few days later confirmed my suspicions and we scheduled the repair for today. I think it took all of twenty minutes.

If you look very closely, you can see that the patch is a bit cleaner and newer looking than the surrounding carpet, but to the casual eye, it is unnoticeable. So the $95 lesson learned is when I go to the neighbor's pool, Copper goes in her crate!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home